Friday, August 26, 2011

Sneak Peak of my Current Project

It's been about three months since I posted here, so I figured I should give you guys something.  It's not that I haven't been writing.  I've actually been writing a lot.  It's just that nothing's ready to be posted yet.  I've been working on an original story that will be up eventually.  I've also managed to write several short little stories since school started.  Two of them are A:TNG one-shots that will be up in a week or two.  The other is a random little thing that I'm not sure will ever be seen by the public.  It's not just autobiographical, it was written in real time.  I was rather bored, and it's full of sarcasm.  That's all I'll say.

In the time that it will take me to get those posted, I thought I'd give you something.  You're about to be some of the first people to see a little bit of the story I've been working on that has so far been read by only two people (and they only read up to a certain point.  I have a working title for the story, but it's hopefully going to change so I'm not going to give you guys a title.  I'm also not telling you what it's about for various reasons.  Please keep in mind that this still needs to go through a lot of editing.  Just enjoy these little sneak peaks:

 “Michigan,” Madison said in that perfect tone. After hearing her say it, you just couldn't imagine that one word being said any other way.

~

Madison frowned, “They may not be completely aware that they're so obvious about their feelings, but they're definitely aware of most of it.” She thought for a moment before adding, “They're really horrible liars.”

~

The brick wall was warm as I leaned back against it. A glance down the sidewalk showed me that no groups were currently making their way towards me. I watched a young girl run around her yard with two young puppies. She'd been out there for at least half an hour now. When she'd first come outside, she'd stared at me for a few minutes. I'm sure I looked rather odd in my Salome costume.

Yeah...  That first and third one seem really weird our of context.  Two hints:  school play and Outdoor Way of the Cross.  Some of you have no idea what that second one means, but that just makes it more mysterious.  (I'll be really impressed if you can tell me who Salome is.)  If you have any ideas on what the story could be about, I'd be really interested in hearing them.

You have no idea how nervous I got about posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment